Our Fall 2019 Sustainable Cities officially kicked off today with our first Meet and Greet with Community Partners.
Sustainable Cities is a service-learning course offered through the Program on Urban Studies and Earth Systems Program. In this intensive seminar, we collaborate with Bay Area government agencies and non-profit organizations to support their efforts in creating sustainable and equitable cities. Now in its eleventh year, the class is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines.
The Fall 2019 class will work with five community partners on the following projects:
1) Community Voices - an Interactive Exhibit — Partner: Tech Museum Interactive
2) (Dis)location/Black Exodus — Partner: Anti-Eviction Mapping Project
3) East Palo Climate Change Community Survey Analysis - Partner: Acterra
4) Equitable Access to Caltrain Mapping Analysis — Partners: Friends of Caltrain, TransForm
5) City of Milpitas Central Manufacturing Area South Innovation District/Lab — Partner: City of Milpitas
Follow our adventures here on this blog throughout the quarter!